COMET Group: 2012 sales and EBITDA margin down slightly on prior year
- At CHF 214.4 million sales 1% lower than prior year
- At 11.9% EBITDA margin 0.7% down on prior year
- As expected, net income down significantly on prior year at CHF 5.9 million
- Equity ratio of 58.0% slightly up on prior year (57.2%)
- Short-time working in production sub-unit ends in February 2013
COMET Group announces key values for the 2012 financial statements and confirms the guidance on the key financial figures 2012 of 14 November 2012.
After a substantially stronger second half of the year, the COMET Group achieved full-year consolidated net sales of CHF 214.4 million in 2012, 1% less than in the prior year (CHF 217.0 million).
With an EBITDA margin of 11.9% of sales, in 2012 the Group achieved an operating result 0.7% below the prior year (12.6%), reaching the upper end of its target range of 11% to 12%. Taking into account financial result and taxes, this results in net income of CHF 5.9 million - as expected down significantly on 2011.
With an equity ratio of 58.0% (2011: 57.2%) the balance sheet remains strong and net debt was further reduced in 2012.
Given the improvement in orders in the Plasma Control Technologies business area, COMET PCT is ending short-time working for employees in production in Flamatt.
The definitive results for 2012 and the Annual Report 2012 will be published at the analysts and media conference on 14 March 2013, in Zurich.